realiza ferias virtuales y ofrece información de becas en universidades de los Estados Unidos a nivel de Pregrado y Postgrado.
Women's World Banking Fellowship Program
Women's World Banking (WWB) is the only microfinance network with an explicit focus on women. Headquartered in New York City, WWB supports the needs of 19 million clients, 73% of whom are women, through a network partnership of 39 microfinance institutions in 28 countries. WWB works with these institutions to design financial products and services that fulfill the needs of our clients. The mission of WWB is to expand the economic assets, participation and power of low-income women and their households by helping them access financial services, knowledge and markets.
The WWB Fellowship Program enables future global leaders in microfinance and women's economic empowerment to experience the challenges and rewards of creating financial opportunities for low-income women. Fellows will immerse themselves in the work of WWB and learn critical business and organizational skills to help WWB achieve its mission.
Fellows will have the opportunity to serve in multiple 6-month rotations through different departments which may include:
- Market Research: Work in the field to identify the needs of clients through qualitative and quantitative methodologies. Our market research serves as the foundation for product development.
- Product Development: Be instrumental in developing new financial products and services, including adult and youth savings, microinsurance, and individual lending for specific countries.
- Center for Microfinance Leadership: Join the team delivering leadership training and mentoring for microfinance leaders across the globe. To date, over 330 leaders have graduated from the Center.
- Development: Work with new and existing donors to ensure programs reach targets and plan special events.
- Global Marketing and Communications: Position WWB as the thought leader in financial inclusion for women. Develop publications and website content.
- Finance: Ensure financial sustainability and growth through financial management, reporting and investing.
Read the complete program description here.
Our application process is highly competitive and open to interested candidates from across the globe. Due to the high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted.
- We seek candidates with minimum 3-years work experience and a relevant graduate degree in business administration, international development, finance and economics.
- Fluency in written and spoken English/Spanish or English/French is required.
- Ability to legally work in the United States.
- A current resume.
- A one-page cover letter articulating why you will succeed at WWB.
- 500 words (or less) telling us about an experience you've had with a culture other than your own that changed your perspective in some way. Different cultural experiences are up to you to define. it can be a different city, village or country.
- Three professional references.
Click here for further information
OPORTUNIDADES DE BECAS EN UNIVERSIDADES DE LOS ESTADOS UNIDOS:
I. Financial Aid
UG: Semester at Sea Need- and Merit-Based Scholarships and Grants: http://bit.ly/YB0eM0
UG: St. Catherine University Merit- and Need-Based Scholarships for Women: http://bit.ly/XqKMiI
UG: Pittsburg State University Tuition Scholarships: http://bit.ly/XDKRSc
UG: University of Wisconsin Superior Merit- and Need-Based Scholarships: http://bit.ly/XwmRlU
UG: Smith College Summer Program Scholarship for Women: http://bit.ly/WN5Apd
UG/Grad: Hult International Business School Merit-Based Tuition Scholarships: http://bit.ly/X4Ht4Q
UG/Grad/Postgrad: Join CollegeWeekLive International Day and Win a $1,000 Scholarship: http://bit.ly/VQFX8n
Grad/Postgrad: Middle Tennessee State University Albert L. and Ethel Carver Smith Scholarships: http://bit.ly/Xbxt6A
II. Campus News
- American Council on Education Recommends Five MOOCs for Credit: http://bit.ly/X4GJwr
- Join NCAA for a Live Webinar on Sports Scholarships for International Students: http://bit.ly/15caM8U
- A Diverse and Socially Inclusive America Needs to Share Its Story: http://bit.ly/WJrKsd
- Trace Effects - A Video Game for Learning American English and Culture: http://bit.ly/WJsnlM
- Tulane University Offers New Masters in Law and Development: http://bit.ly/12OYO5x
Opportunity Fund Program:
“El programa ha sido diseñado para ofrecer oportunidades a estudiantes internacionales talentosos que necesitan apoyo financiero para enfrentar los costos previos a la solicitud de ingreso a un programa académico en los Estados Unidos y quienes el Gobierno de los Estados Unidos desea que estudien en USA en una institución de educación superior Americana acreditada.”
Departamento de Estado de EE.UU
- Tener un nivel de inglés avanzado
- Tener excelentes antecedentes académicos
- Demostrar liderazgo
- Ser económicamente desfavorecido
- NO haber recibido una beca Fulbright.
- Estar preparado para colaborar con esmero con la asesoría educativa (EducationUSA) durante el proceso de admisión
Contacte el centro EducationUSA más cercano para mayor información.
Videos de universidades de Estados Unidos:
EducationUSA Weekly Updates (becas)
Embajada de los Estados Unidos http://bogota.usembassy.gov
Association of International Educators, NAFSA. www.nafsa.org